CHILD ABUSE RECOGNITION TRAINING
What’s covered in this course?
This course offers basic instruction for staff to help them understand the typical profiles of child abusers and the definitions of various forms and aspects of neglect and abuse. Consequences of not reporting suspected neglect or child abuse are covered. Laws regarding the failure to report any form of abuse may be punishable by civil or criminal liabilities. Additionally covered is who is required to report child abuse, as well as, the guidelines and protocols for reporting are also addressed in these lessons.
MORE ABOUT FIREFIGHTER SAFE CHILD ABUSE RECOGNITION TRAINING
WHO WILL NEED TO TAKE THIS COURSE?
1. Attorneys, Physicians, hospital interns, and residents
2. Dentists, podiatrists, practitioners of medicine, registered nurses
3. Other healthcare professionals
4. School psychologists, independent marriage/family therapists
5. Administrators or employees of certified child care agencies
6. Public or private children services agencies
7. Teachers, school employees
8. Social workers and those employed by the county department of job and family services
9. Homemaker services employees
MORE COURSE INFORMATION
This is a 6 hour initial training and a 3 hour refresher training as approved by the Ohio Department of Job and Family Services.
**Training is valid for 3 years.
Please Note: In-Service Forms are provided for completed training.